Beach Read by Emily Henry

Title: Beach Read
Author: Emily Henry
Pages: 361
Publisher: Berkley/Penguin Canada
Genre: Fiction/Romance
Release Date: May 19, 2020 
*I received an ARC from the publisher via Netgalley for honest review* 

Summary (Goodreads

A romance writer who no longer believes in love and a literary writer stuck in a rut engage in a summer-long challenge that may just upend everything they believe about happily ever afters.

Augustus Everett is an acclaimed author of literary fiction. January Andrews writes bestselling romance. When she pens a happily ever after, he kills off his entire cast.

They're polar opposites.

In fact, the only thing they have in common is that for the next three months, they're living in neighboring beach houses, broke, and bogged down with writer's block.

Until, one hazy evening, one thing leads to another and they strike a deal designed to force them out of their creative ruts: Augustus will spend the summer writing something happy, and January will pen the next Great American Novel. She'll take him on field trips worthy of any rom-com montage, and he'll take her to interview surviving members of a backwoods death cult (obviously). Everyone will finish a book and no one will fall in love. Really.

Review: 

I really loved reading this book. From the beginning, I was immediately drawn into Emily Henry's world that she has created for these characters. I really am happy that I picked this book up. For a while I have been in a romance mood and this definitely fit the bill as you fall in love with each of the characters and connect with them. In some ways I connected with January as we both lost our father's and how loss can really affect us emotionally. Emily did a great job with it all. 

Even after finishing the book, I had such a book hangover that I had to reread it again! While you expect from the title that it will be a beach read, light, rom-com about two authors who write the opposite of what they are used to, but the entire premise was perfect. I loved January and Augustus immediately and enjoyed all the humour and how their relationship grew from friends to more. Beach Read is officially one of my favourite books of the year and the writing was captivating from the beginning to end. I already wish I had her next book! I really enjoyed getting to see that these characters are so relatable. The book overall is a must read! Plus you will also fall in love with Gus :) 

If you are looking for a great read, you need to pick this up at the bookstore immediately! I will definitely be recommending this book to my friends and at the bookstore! It was absolutely amazing and a bit heartbreaking, but you will not regret this book! 

5/5


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BIG Giveaway Surprise

March Madness Box Giveaway!!!

Mid-Winter's Eve Giveaway Hop