Sentinel (Covenant #5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Title: Sentinel (Covenant #5)
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Pages: 312
Genre: Young Adult
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
Release Date: November 2,  2013
Buy: Amazon| B&N| AmazonCA| Book Depository
Rating: 5/5

Summary: (Goodreads)

It's a beautiful day for a war.

As the mortal world slowly slips into chaos of the godly kind, Alexandria Andros must overcome a stunning defeat that has left her shaken and in doubt of their ability to end this war once and for all.

And with all the obstacles between Alex and her happily-ever-after with the swoonworthy Aiden St. Delphi, they must now trust a deadly foe as they travel deep into the Underworld to release one of the most dangerous gods of all time.

In the stunning, action-packed climax to the bestselling Covenant series, Alex must face a terrible choice: the destruction of everything and everyone she holds dear… or the end of herself.


Review: 


Sentinel was by far the best of the series and the last in this amazing series. Jennifer L. Armentrout pulled me in with her beautiful writing, it was fast paced and action packed. It was great to be back in Alex's head because I just love what her character stands for as well as her snarkiness. This book made me cry which is very hard to do, but Jennifer knows how to make me cry. Half-Blood to Sentinel, I have fallen in love with this series and I was very happy with how this book ended. Aiden was even sexier and hotter in this book! The ending was amazing to this memorable and swoon-worthy series.  Greek mythology comes back to life with humor (mainly Apollo). Seeing the Gods made it more interesting and the characters in the book was great!


The entire story from the beginning captivated me and was instantly hooked at the way the plot was progressing. Alex and Aiden are still a steamy couple and like in my past reviews I still love them. Alex is just as snarky and feisty in this book. This may be the last book but, Sentinel was by far my favorite with all the Alex and Aiden scenes. I just want to hug Aiden because of how she stands by Alex, sacrifices for her. He get jealous when Seth is around and I am proud of his character. (I wish there was a real Aiden!)  Apollo was hilarious whenever he come into the scene or make a joke. Deacon was also funny when he creates the name of the army.  The story really pieced together after Apollyon and it was 10x better. 


Seth is officially another character I have grown to love him in the past few books, but he really changed my mind in this book. He really changed in this book compared to Apollyon.  From the beginning of the series, I have had a love/hate relationship with him since the pool scene is when I started to become Team Seth but Aiden still has my heart. It was fun to read Seth and Aiden's bickering over who gets Alex. His true intentions come to life and they will surprise you. 

It was faced paced and I could not put this book down!! I am so sad that this series is over, but I am very happy with the why she ended it because it was perfect. This series is one that I will re-read over and over again. I feel like I have grown up with the characters since I first found the series. If you have not read this series I recommend you buy it now!! The Covenant Series is the best and you will not regret reading this book. Thank you Jennifer L. Armentrout for this amazing series!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BIG Giveaway Surprise

March Madness Box Giveaway!!!

Mid-Winter's Eve Giveaway Hop