To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before #1) by Jenny Han

Title: To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before #1)
Author: Jenny Han
Pages: 288
Genre: YA
Publisher: Simon Schuster for Young Readers/Simon PulseCA
Release Date: April 15, 2014
Buy: Amazon| Kobo| Chapters Indigo| B&N
Read: May 3-4, 2014

Summary: (Goodreads)

To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before is the story of Lara Jean, who has never openly admitted her crushes, but instead wrote each boy a letter about how she felt, sealed it, and hid it in a box under her bed. But one day Lara Jean discovers that somehow her secret box of letters has been mailed, causing all her crushes from her past to confront her about the letters: her first kiss, the boy from summer camp, even her sister's ex-boyfriend, Josh. As she learns to deal with her past loves face to face, Lara Jean discovers that something good may come out of these letters after all.

Review:

Jenny Han never seizes to amaze me with her fantastic writing, romance scenes and even love triangles. I devoured To All the Boy's I've Loved Before. I have read the Summer series which I loved as well, but this book was perfection in one book. The book sounds like its more about the romance but Han with her amazing writing to include Lara Jean relationships with her family, and friendships with her sisters.

The Song girls throughout the entire book really have this bond between them. Margot, Kitty and Lara Jean have this strong relationship that it makes me wish I was closer with my sister. Their bonds are tested through their ups and downs but their are so many moments that even though they have arguments they still manage to overcome it and become even closer. Han delivers each character as though they are real and easy to relate to. The situations that Lara Jean has to face was funny and also embarrassing but she sticks it out to prove everyone wrong. Kitty is a great character because she can put her sisters in place at times, and with her temper. Josh and Peter (or all the boys) in the letters I really loved each of them. I didn't want the book to end because I got so involved in the story!

Overall, I loved this book from the moment I started reading it because Jenny Han knows her audience well and also try to beg for the next book. The character development is growing as you get to know Lara Jean and her family/friends. Everything about this book made me giddy inside. I'm looking forward to what the next book will have in store because this world gives all the happy feels and I need to know what will happen next! Pick up any of Jenny Han books and be guaranteed a great read!

5/5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BIG Giveaway Surprise

March Madness Box Giveaway!!!

Mid-Winter's Eve Giveaway Hop