Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass #4) by Sarah J. Maas

Title: Queen of Shadows
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Pages: 656
Genre: Fantasy (YA)
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Childrens/Razorbill Canada
Release Date: September 1, 2015
Buy: Amazon| Chapters Indigo| Kobo

Summary (Goodreads)

The queen has returned.
Everyone Celaena Sardothien loves has been taken from her. But she's at last returned to the empire—for vengeance, to rescue her once-glorious kingdom, and to confront the shadows of her past . . .

She will fight for her cousin, a warrior prepared to die just to see her again. She will fight for her friend, a young man trapped in an unspeakable prison. And she will fight for her people, enslaved to a brutal king and awaiting their lost queen's triumphant return.

Celaena’s epic journey has captured the hearts and imaginations of millions across the globe. This fourth volume will hold readers rapt as Celaena’s story builds to a passionate, agonizing crescendo that might just shatter her world.


Review:

I am feeling all these different emotions after reading Queen of Shadows, that include: happy, sad, shocked and OMG! Sarah J. Maas has done it again with her amazing characters and wonderful world building. I wanted to really savor this book because I had to take in all the amazing things that was happening through out the book! Just wishing the pages never ended and I had the next book! Celaena/Aelin is by far one of my favorite heroines because she has fears at the same time can kick some bad guys a** !! Queen of Shadows will become one of your favorite books in the series as the plot intensifies that you are instantly hooked to all things that happen.

Queen of Shadows gives you reason to root for some characters that you might have hated in recent books. You get to see some characters in a new light and a new appreciation when you read the book. I loved being back into these characters point of views again as the plot is becoming more intense. All her female characters are strong, fierce and are not afraid to let you know how cunning they really are. I just loved them all! Aelin and Manon are two tough characters! As many other people reading this series you know that Sarah J. Maas is not afraid to show the readers the other side of her characters, and the changes that are happening. Especially what happened in Heir of Fire! I'm looking forward to what Manon's character going to do in the next book, because their encounter in Queen of Shadows was bloody and fierce because they are similar in character.

While I still love Chaol I just wish he would've fought harder for Celaena and not let her go that easily (even though she did some stuff as well). I cried during some parts that mentioned certain characters. Also Rowan and Aelin scenes= AWESOME!!! He has definitely grown on me through this book, and made me smile. I really enjoyed the friendships that are growing like Aedion and Rowan- one of the best bromances as well between Chaol and Dorian friendship. Chaol will do anything to save the prince from evil things happening.  Plus the ending was superb!

Queen of Shadows was everything I expected it to be. I am very glad I took this book slow because there was so much happening that I had to put it down to take in the awesome events that are going to eventually happening hopefully in the next book! If you haven't picked up the Throne of Glass series yet I recommend you do it immediately because Sarah J. Maas is one author who knows how to suck you into her incredible characters stories. Overall, Queen of Shadows is a must read for fans of this series because you will cry, be shocked and fall in love with Maas writing even more! I look forward to what going to happen in book 5.

5/5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BIG Giveaway Surprise

March Madness Box Giveaway!!!

Mid-Winter's Eve Giveaway Hop