The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson

Title: The Unexpected Everything
Author: Morgan Matson
Pages: 496
Genre: YA Contemporary
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Release Date: May 3, 2016
Buy: Amazon|Chapters Indigo| Kobo|
*ARC was provided by Simon Schuster Canada & Edelweiss for review*

Summary (Goodreads)

Andie had it all planned out. 

When you are a politician’s daughter who’s pretty much raised yourself, you learn everything can be planned or spun, or both. Especially your future.

Important internship? Check.

Amazing friends? Check.

Guys? Check (as long as we’re talking no more than three weeks)

But that was before the scandal. Before having to be in the same house with her dad. Before walking an insane number of dogs. That was before Clark and those few months that might change her whole life.

Because here’s the thing - if everything's planned out, you can never find the unexpected. 

And where’s the fun in that?


Review: 

I loved this book!! Morgan Matson definitely got me hooked immediately from the start until the very end, where I had tears in my eyes. Like any of her other books Matson does a great job with the importance of friendships and easily relate-able characters. When I first heard about The Unexpected Everything, I knew right away that I had to read it just based off the title, cover and synopsis. Morgan Matson's books are definitely worth the wait because you will never be disappointed. This is definitely one of my top favorite contemporary books of this year!

Every character was enjoyable to read. In all of Morgan's books friendship and family play an important part in her books. Andie's friendships with her friends were familiar and complex as you read through the story. The romance was adorable because Andie and Clark are easy to relate to and it was great to see how the relationship develops. I loved how Clark was shy and awkward which made me like him even more! Andie is strong, organized and very smart. She was considerate of others because her friends are important. I really liked Andie's relationship with her father. I liked seeing how they both grew in the book.

The Unexpected Everything is perfect from beginning to end. I was smiling and laughing throughout the book. It deals with serious topics and also a little fun. Morgan Matson is one author that needs to be on everyone's list. Also Clark will become one of your favorite book boyfriends! Now I can't wait to re-read it.

5/5 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BIG Giveaway Surprise

March Madness Box Giveaway!!!

Mid-Winter's Eve Giveaway Hop