Wild at Heart (Wild #2) by K.A. Tucker

Title: Wild at Heart (Wild #2)
Author: K.A. Tucker
Pages: 456
Genre: Romance
Self- Published
Release Date: February 18, 2020
Buy: AmazonCA| Chapters Indigo| Kobo

Summary (Goodreads)

From the internationally best-selling author of The Simple Wild comes the continuation of a woman’s journey to Alaska and a life she never imagined for herself.

Calla Fletcher returns to Toronto a different person, struggling to find direction and still very much in love with the rugged bush pilot she left behind. When Jonah arrives on her doorstep with a proposition she can’t dismiss, she takes the leap and rushes back to Alaska to begin their exciting future together.

But Calla soon learns that even the best intentions can lead to broken promises, and that compromise comes with a hefty price—a log cabin in interior rural Alaska that feels as isolating as the western tundra.

With Jonah gone more than he’s home, one neighbor who insists on transforming her into a true Alaskan, and another who seems more likely to shoot her than come to her aid, Calla grapples with forging her own path. In a world with roaming wildlife that has her constantly watching over her shoulder and harsh conditions that stretch far beyond the cold, dark, winter months, just stepping outside her front door can be daunting.

This is not the future Calla had in mind, leaving her to fear that perhaps she is doomed to follow in her mother’s fleeing footsteps after all.
 


Review: 

Some may know that I absolutely loved, The Simple Wild by K.A. Tucker a few years ago. Since then I have become a big fan of all of her books and when I found out there was going to be a sequel to one of my favourites, I was over the moon excited! Fast-forward to today where I just finished Wild at Heart. Let me say that this was one of the best sequels I've had read and I wish that K.A. Tucker will write a third book. I just love these characters so much that I want to see what is going to happen with their relationship (Calla + Jonah) and their Alaskan friends! I wish I would've read it more slowly due to myself not wanting it to end. Loved it!!

It begins right where we left off from the first book and gives us a bit of a recap. I'm so happy that K.A. Tucker has brought us back into this Alaskan world because the first one ended perfectly and left it very open to a sequel. I can say that this book did not disappoint and is one of my favourite books of the year. This book has definitely taught me that I while I love all the outdoors I also hate the mosquitos just as much (like Calla). Her character has taught me to be just as brave as her as she embraces her new surroundings and follows her heart to move to Alaska with Jonah. We got to see exactly all of Calla's fears, jealously, triumphs, friendship, and romance with this journey. It felt like you were there with her as she faced each one of them.

The chemistry between Calla and Jonah was taken to the next level as you see their relationship grow in this one. It is their journey together as a couple that I can even say has captured all of us readers hearts because they love each other so deeply and sacrifice certain things to be with each other. Wild at Heart was just perfect in every way. I was cheering and crying at a few parts with their relationship and with how everything happened I was happy with how the entire book ended. Agnes, Mabel, Roy, Toby and the locals who also help shape Calla as she adjusts her new life after Wren has past away.

K.A. Tucker has woven us a beautiful story about love, adventure and friendship in this amazing series. I really hope that we get to see more of Calla and Jonah's future in a third book because I want to see what their life in Alaska is going to be like and we would get more Jonah! The story was just perfection. Thank you K.A. Tucker for writing this book and bringing us along with their adventures and the beautiful backdrop of Alaska.

5/5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BIG Giveaway Surprise

March Madness Box Giveaway!!!

Mid-Winter's Eve Giveaway Hop