Flawed by Kate Avelynn

Title: Flawed
Author: Kate Avelynn
Pages: 352
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Released Date: November 23, 2012
Paperback: December 11, 2012

Buy: Amazon| Book Depository| Chapters Indigo|Barnes & Noble

Summary (Goodreads

Sarah O’Brien is alive because of the pact she and her brother made twelve years ago — James will protect her from their violent father if she promises to never leave him. For years, she’s watched James destroy his life to save hers. If all he asks for in return is her affection, she’ll give it freely.

Until, with a tiny kiss and a broken mind, he asks for more than she can give.

Sam Donavon has been James’ best friend — and the boy Sarah’s had a crush on — for as long as she can remember. As their forbidden relationship deepens, Sarah knows she’s in trouble. Quiet, serious Sam has decided he’s going to save her. Neither of them realize James is far more unstable than her father ever was, or that he’s not about to let Sarah forget her half of the pact . . .


* E-ARC was provided by publisher and author for honest review* #DarkDarlings 

Review:  

Flawed has to be one of the best books I've read this year!! It was emotional, dark, intense book and full of love that it was overwhelming. From the very beginning I was hooked and that first page then went to 80 pages... it was addictive. Flawed was one of the best debuts I've read, and everyone who reads this book will fall in love with the chemistry between the characters and the intense plot. Kate Avelynn is officially one of my favorite authors because now this book will be stuck in my mind! I still havent started another book! I devoured this book!

When it begins we meet Sarah who is definitely a well put together characters, and is ready to move on from her broken family. She goes through this journey and self-discovery that it will blow you away. The close relationship with her brother is definitely uncomfortable at first because of their pact and the agreement that they would never leave each other. Avelynn did an amazing job of describing the relationship between Sarah and James because its an interesting relationship which is also sometimes hard to read without being emotional. Sarah faces a lot of hardships in the novel between her family and also the situations she is faced against. She was a great character and also relatable. 

James has to be one of the most complex characters when I was reading because he has a way of grabbing your attention but at the same time, was making certain scenes uncomfortable. He was Very protective of Sarah which was a love and hate relationship. He was to me a broken character with a lot of flaws but at times I just wanted to fix his problems. James is also a victim during the story which is another reason why the reader will feel his pain as well as Sarah's incredible story. 

Now to the amazing Sam Donovan *swoon* I think I fell in love with him the first time I read  about him. Sam is definitely one man who will make you blush and fall in love because when Sam finally makes a move on Sarah (who has wanted his attention for years) the chemistry between these two makes me want to fall in love. He is another main character that plays a major role in Sarah's life and he was adorble, sweetm and his determination was dearing and made my heart race at times. Same is one of the sweetest boys you will read about, and watching his relationship develop was one of the best parts of reading the book because you see them starting to grow up together. His attention to Sarah makes the reader root for this couple to succeed. There were times that were emotional as well as bringing some tears to my eyes near the ending. But this beautiful book will make an impact on you.  The ending was the most most emotional, I had to get tissues, I had a feeling about the ending but it was a shocking ending!

I was in tears involved but when I cry it means I loved the book, and see how connected I was to the characters and seeing the emotions that Sarah was going through. Flawed is definitely flawed but in a good amazing way because I can now say I am addicted to Avelynn writing now! From happiness, laughs and tears to OMG what happened, I did want more. With a great mix of sexiness and the raw emotions that will trigger many events in the book.  This book is a MUST read because it is the total package and Flawed is a brilliant read that is unputdownable!!

Comments

  1. This is a really nice review. Haven't heard from this author until now and definitely want to read Flawed. Your review doesn't have spoilers (Yay!)and yet it gives enough info.

    Jess @ Jessy's Bookends

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to read this book. The plot seems controversial but I have a feeling this book hides something special. Thanks for the cool review. I need to read this.

    -Dannielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds very intense. I like how she used a difficult subject.

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever I read this book, especially around the end, I was in tears. I'm an easy crier, but not over books. This book had me crying so hard my throat hurt.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I try to get back to all comments, so check the box for follow up emails, or give me the link to your blog and I'll stop by! I love reading comments!

Thanks Amanda

Popular posts from this blog

BIG Giveaway Surprise

March Madness Box Giveaway!!!

Mid-Winter's Eve Giveaway Hop