We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

Title: We Were Liars
Author: E. Lockhart
Pages: 240
Genre: YA/Suspense
Publisher: Random House Canada/Delacorte Press
Release Date: May 13, 2014
*Received to review*
Buy: Amazon| Kobo| Chapters Indigo| B&N

Summary: (Goodreads)

A beautiful and distinguished family.
A private island.
A brilliant, damaged girl; a passionate, political boy.
A group of four friends—the Liars—whose friendship turns destructive.
A revolution. An accident. A secret.
Lies upon lies.
True love.
The truth.

We Were Liars is a modern, sophisticated suspense novel from National Book Award finalist and Printz Award honoree E. Lockhart. 

Read it.
And if anyone asks you how it ends, just LIE.

Review:

This book was amazing! I was instantly hooked with the story and was guessing until the end of what was happening with the plot. There was also crying involved which is very hard for me but if there is crying it was a good book that must be read by all. A friend of mine even recommended it to me (Michelle) and I saw her enthusiasm for the book so I bought it and read it practically in a day. Its a good thing I had tissues in my room so no one saw me crying like a baby. 

We Were Liars was heartbreaking, emotional, suspenseful and just written in that intense way that you will already know it will be great. Each of the characters were intense and there were so many secrets just on this one island.  I found it also cryptic and in a way can change your view in the entire novel.  Cady is our main character that comes from a wealthy family as well as there is secrets in between the ages of 15-17.  It definitely kept me intrigued with how Lockhart created these intense scenes. I don't want to give any of the plot away or spoil the book (this is why you have to read it!) 


The story maintained almost like a fairy-tale retelling with a major twist that was in the novel and really went with the story of Cady's life. I wish there was so much more to say about this book other than I loved it! I haven't read any of E. Lockhart's books before but I am definitely putting more of them on my list after reading this read. While there is greed, power and even the most important things in life family are the ones who are with you the entire time even after all the characters in this book feel like really life people. If you have not read this book yet pick it up at your bookstore immediately!! 

5/5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BIG Giveaway Surprise

March Madness Box Giveaway!!!

Mid-Winter's Eve Giveaway Hop