The Boy Most Likely To (My Life Next Door #2) by Huntley Fitzpatrick

Title: The Boy Most Likely To
Author: Huntley Fitzpatrick
Pages: 416 
Genre: Contemporary
Publisher: Dial Books/Penguin Canada
Release Date: August 18, 2015
Buy: Amazon| Chapters Indigo| B&N| Kobo
*Recieved for review by Dial Books/Penguin Teen*

Summary (Goodreads)
A surprising, utterly romantic companion to My Life Next Door—great for fans of Sarah Dessen and Jenny Han 

Tim Mason was The Boy Most Likely To find the liquor cabinet blindfolded, need a liver transplant, and drive his car into a house

Alice Garrett was The Girl Most Likely To . . . well, not date her little brother’s baggage-burdened best friend, for starters.

For Tim, it wouldn’t be smart to fall for Alice. For Alice, nothing could be scarier than falling for Tim. But Tim has never been known for making the smart choice, and Alice is starting to wonder if the “smart” choice is always the right one. When these two crash into each other, they crash hard.

Then the unexpected consequences of Tim’s wild days come back to shock him. He finds himself in a situation that isn’t all it appears to be, that he never could have predicted . . . but maybe should have.

And Alice is caught in the middle.

Told in Tim’s and Alice’s distinctive, disarming, entirely compelling voices, this novel is for readers of The Spectacular NowNick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist, and Paper Towns.

Review: 

Can I just say that after reading this book I need more of this world that Huntley has created. It was good to see new character point of views from both Tim and Alice of how their relationship develops throughout the book. From the moment I picked this book up I knew immediately that I was going to fall in love with it since I just loved My Life Next Door, which was told from Sam's view. But The Boy Most Likely To, told a different story about love, renewal and moving on in Tim's and Alice's point of view.

I'm just really happy to talk about this book without spoiling it for other readers, but Huntley Fitzpatrick knows how to write about real families that deal with complications. You can see it when she writes the descriptions of her characters and their families. The Boy Most Likely To does have heartbreak, romance that will make you fall in love with Tim more, and the struggles that we all can face at one moment in our lives.

This is Tim's and Alice's story. Alice is Jase's older sister who is in school to become a nurse. She is like a second mom to her younger siblings and is able to solve solutions and problems that are happening in the family. I really loved seeing her view and how her relationship with Tim develops. Now on to what everyone was waiting for Tim. I loved his humor as his defense to try and move on from the drugs and alcohol at 17.  While he did make some poor decisions he has come to the realization and has been taking on responsibilities that he has avoided over the years. I just wanted to give him a huge hug!

Their romance felt real and you can instantly feel the connection between them. Opposites really do attract! There was very passionate moments and some that tested their relationship. Trust me you will understand why once you read it! It's also about the importance of family and understanding that not all families have our back when we make mistakes. I can understand why he really  loved hanging with the Garrett's who are very welcoming.

We also get appearances and updates with Jase and Sam which totally got me excited since I love them! Plus the rest of the Garrett family (George!!) As well as Alice's father and how the family is dealing with this situation. If you are looking for a story about love, family and life this is the book for you because Huntley Fitzpatrick will let you fall in love with her characters and the amazing Garrett family. I look forward to what her next book will be about!!

5/5

Comments

  1. Ohh you've convinced me to read this book! I love stories about two people coming together that are complete opposites! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I try to get back to all comments, so check the box for follow up emails, or give me the link to your blog and I'll stop by! I love reading comments!

Thanks Amanda

Popular posts from this blog

BIG Giveaway Surprise

March Madness Box Giveaway!!!

Mid-Winter's Eve Giveaway Hop