A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses #2) by Sarah J. Maas

Title: A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses #2)
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Pages: 624
Genre: YA Fantasy, Retellings,
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Children's
Release Date: May 3, 2016
Buy: Amazon|Kobo| Chapters Indigo

Summary (Goodreads)

Feyre survived Amarantha's clutches to return to the Spring Court—but at a steep cost. Though she now has the powers of the High Fae, her heart remains human, and it can't forget the terrible deeds she performed to save Tamlin's people.

Nor has Feyre forgotten her bargain with Rhysand, High Lord of the feared Night Court. As Feyre navigates its dark web of politics, passion, and dazzling power, a greater evil looms—and she might be key to stopping it. But only if she can harness her harrowing gifts, heal her fractured soul, and decide how she wishes to shape her future—and the future of a world cleaved in two.

With more than a million copies sold of her beloved Throne of Glass series, Sarah J. Maas's masterful storytelling brings this second book in her seductive and action-packed series to new heights.


Review: 

I'm absolutely in totally shock after reading this beautiful beast of a book. Completely in love with the characters still as well as Sarah J. Maas incredible plot lines. Let me just say that this series is one of my top favorites along with her Throne of Glass series because Maas is the Queen of Fantasy. A Court of Mist and Fury is definitely going to give you an epic book hangover that can leave you with your jaw hitting the floor right near the end. 

During the first book I was totally team Tamlin but while reading I noticed that my love for him dwindled and then transferred to the Night Court: Rhys. Throughout the book I started to see more of who Rhys really is and how the bargain they made worked in the book. Boy was I surprised by this plot! But I loved every minute of it! Here I  thought ACOTAR was amazing but Sarah topped it with ACOMAF and she definitely got me still thinking about it. 

Feyre at the beginning was very broken after the first book ended and the changes that happened to her as she became High Fae. It broke me seeing her that way, but as the book went on, it was started to come together. Her growth was beyond incredible as you see her relationship change with Tamlin to Rhysand. While I did love him in ACOTAR, he definitely changed and was too over protected with her compared to Rhys who would let her explore her power and meet all his friends. By the end I hated him! 

Now on to my new favorite love: Rhys. Well he grew on me. Loved his character growth as you got to know more about him and his family + his heart. Plus those last few chapters I was literally swooning after what Rhys and Feyre did! I am having a hard time being spoiler free right now! Plus he is really funny when he tries to banter with Feyre. I loved how as the reader you get to see how Rhys views his court: Velaris, House of Wind, and Rainbow. Everything about the Night Court intrigued me, as well as the stars and the importance they play in the books. 


Thank you Sarah for making me addicted to your books. Officially in book hangover mode. 

5/5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BIG Giveaway Surprise

March Madness Box Giveaway!!!

Mid-Winter's Eve Giveaway Hop